Cannabis 101 – Everything You Need To Know About Smoking Weed
These days, people are just constantly wondering about smoking medical marijuana, considering that everyone believes it has more benefits to offer and could help them combat many illnesses.
We know you’re one of the many people that want to know more about marijuana, and the good thing is that you came to the right place.
Below, in this blog, we have listed down some of the many things you need to know about cannabis 101.
Is Smoking Medical Marijuana Harmful To Your Body?
Yes, many things can be detrimental to your body if you start smoking Medical Marijuana.
According to American Lung Association, smoking marijuana can harm more than the lungs and the respiratory system.
In a published report, they said that smoking marijuana could affect the immune system and the body’s ability to fight diseases, especially for those already weakened from immunosuppressive drugs or disorders, including HIV infection.
Does Smoking Weed Help You Ease Pain?
If medical marijuana is legal in the country that you are in, then you can use it to ease pain, and the thing is that it can help you out with a lot of things, which include:
- Ongoing pain
- Stiff muscles or muscle spasms from multiple sclerosis
- Sleep problems for those with fibromyalgia,
- Sleep problems for those with MS
- Sleep problems for those with sleep apnea
- Loss of appetite and weight loss in people with AIDS
- Nausea or throwing up from chemotherapy
- Seizures from epilepsy
- Dravet syndrome or Lennox-Gastaut syndrome
Please do note that there are other “said” benefits that you can get if you smoke medical marijuana; however, more study is required to back up such claims.
Does Smoking Weed Affect Your Brain?
Studies have suggested that smoking marijuana is associated with reduced cognitive function in teens. One study found that teens who regularly use marijuana lose an average of around 5.8 IQ points by the time they reach adulthood.
Ways To Try The Best Weed To Smoke
If you are planning to try out the best weed to smoke, here are some of the ways that you can hit them up:
- Rolled cigarettes
- Small handheld pipes
- Water pipes
These are the most common ways to try and smoke the best weed out there.
Some Of The Best Weed To Smoke Strains
Here are some of the best weed-to-smoke strains that there are out there:
- Acapulco Gold
- Blue Dream
- Purple Kush
- Sour Diesel
- Bubba Kush
- Granddaddy Purple
- Afghan Kush
- LA Confidential
Please note that these are just some of the many types of weed strains that are smoked these days.
Long Term And Short Term Side Effects Of Smoking Marijuana
According to a report by the National Library of Medicine, here are some of the long-term and short-term side effects of smoking marijuana:
Effects of short-term use:
- Impaired short-term memory, making it difficult to learn and retain information.
- Impaired motor coordination interferes with driving skills and increases the risk of injuries.
- Altered judgment increases the risk of sexual behaviours that facilitate the transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.
- In high doses, paranoia and psychosis
Effects of long-term or heavy use:
- Addiction (in about 9% of users overall, 17% of those who begin service in adolescence, and 25 to 50% of those who are daily users)*
- Altered brain development*
- The poor educational outcome, with increased likelihood of dropping out of school*
- Cognitive impairment, with lower IQ among those who were frequent users during adolescence*
- Diminished life satisfaction and achievement (determined based on subjective and objective measures as compared with such ratings in the general population)*
- Symptoms of chronic bronchitis
- Increased risk of chronic psychosis disorders (including schizophrenia) in persons with a predisposition to such disorders
What Will Happen After You Smoke Marijuana?
Most of the time, smoking marijuana can make you feel high; however, in some cases, you might experience the following things:
Marijuana can cause:
- Dry mouth and dry eyes
- Lightheadedness and dizziness
Other side effects may include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increased heart rate
- Increased appetite
If you experience any severe side effects after smoking marijuana, please get medical help immediately.